April 1, 2013
|Plan A||Plan C||Plan F||Plan K|
|Benefits||Plan A||Plan C||Plan F||Plan K|
|Medicare Part A Coinsurance and Hospital Benefits|
|Medicare Part A Deductible||—||50%|
|Medicare Part B Coinsurance or Co-payment||50%|
|Medicare Part B Deductible||—||—|
|Medicare Part B Excess Charges||—||—||—|
|Blood (First Three Pints)||50%|
|Hospice Care Coinsurance or Co-payment||50%|
|Skilled Nursing Coinsurance||—||50%|
|Foreign Travel Emergency (Up to Plan Limits)||—||—|
|Medicare Preventive Care Part B Coinsurance|
Discounts are reflected in the premiums listed above for all payment options other than Monthly Paper Bill; there is no discount for monthly paper billing
- Monthly Surepay from your bank account receives a discount of $2 - a $24 savings annually
- Paying your bill quarterly saves you $4 - a $16 savings annually
- Paying your bill semi-annually saves you $10 - a $20 savings annually
- Paying your bill quarterly saves you $22
- Medigap Plan F offers a high deductible option. You must pay for Medicare-covered costs up to the high-deductible amount ($2,140 in 2014) before your Medigap policy pays anything
- 100% part B coinsurance except up to $20 copayment for office visits and up to $50 copayment for ER.
- You must also pay a separate deductible for foreign travel emergency ($250 per year).
- After you meet your out-of-pocket yearly limit and your yearly Part B deductible ($147 in 2014) the plan pays 100% of covered services for the rest of the calendar year (This applies only to plans K & L)
- Modified Plan F offers an individual assistance program, as well as coverage for preventive dental care (available in some states)
- 2014 Out of Pocket Limit for Plan K is $4,940.
- 2014 Out of Pocket Limit for Plan L is $2,470.